Our firm is able to witness and notarize (or commission) your legal documents. No legal advice is provided for these services.
Costs for Notary Public
Notarization costs vary depending on the documents, whether there is an instruction sheet for the notarization, and the number of pages and signatures required. The costs typically are as follows:
- Document declaration or certified copy (not including land documents or guarantees): $25.00 (first document)
- Guarantees Acknowledgement Act Certificate: $50.00 (first document)
- Document relating to land (outside of Alberta): $100.00 (first document)
- Additional documents: $10.00 each
Our firm will not notarize the following types of documents:
- Self-drafted Wills, Powers of Attorney, or Personal Directives. We can meet with you to discuss these types of documents. Click here to schedule an initial consultation and select the Initial Family Law Consultation button
- Self-drafted Separation Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements, or Cohabitation Agreements. We can meet with you to discuss these types of documents. Click here to schedule an initial consultation and select the Initial Wills, POAs, PDs button
- Documents relating to land in Alberta. You should consult a real estate lawyer about these documents.