Our firm can assist you with your Estate Planning, including the drafting and signing of your Last Will and Testament, Power of Attorney, and Personal Directive (sometimes known as a Living Will).
Costs for Estate Planning Services
Our firm offers both flat-fee limited-retainers and time-based retainers. Basic fees for the preparation of a Last Will and Testament and provision of legal advice starts at $250.00, for a Power of Attorney $200.00, and for a Personal Directive (Living Will) $200.00. Click here for more details of the costs for estate planning matters. And clients receive a 10% discount on the basic fee if they complete an on-line questionnaire in full prior to the initial meeting.
Our firm can also assist you and your family with Estate Administration. This may be required upon the death or incapacity of a loved one. The steps involved depend upon a number of factors including the size and complexity of the estate and how your loved one documented his or her affairs. Please contact our office to set up a meeting to discuss your matter and the potential costs.
Our firm can assist you with many of your family law issues including: divorce, separation agreements, custody and child support applications or variations, spousal support applications or variations, family and matrimonial property issues, prenuptial agreements, and cohabitation agreements.
Costs for Family Law Services
Our firm offers both flat-fee limited-retainers and time-based retainers. Click here for details of the costs for divorce and family law matters.
Our firm is able to witness and notarize (or commission) your legal documents. No legal advice is provided for these services.
Costs for Notary Public
Notarization costs vary depending on the documents, whether there is an instruction sheet for the notarization, and the number of pages and signatures required. The costs typically are as follows:
- Document declaration or certified copy (not including land documents or guarantees): $25.00 (first document)
- Guarantees Acknowledgement Act Certificate: $50.00 (first document)
- Document relating to land (outside of Alberta): $100.00 (first document)
- Additional documents: $10.00 each
Our firm will not notarize the following types of documents:
- Self-drafted Wills, Powers of Attorney, or Personal Directives. We can meet with you to discuss these types of documents. Click here to schedule an initial consultation and select the Initial Family Law Consultation button
- Self-drafted Separation Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements, or Cohabitation Agreements. We can meet with you to discuss these types of documents. Click here to schedule an initial consultation and select the Initial Wills, POAs, PDs button
- Documents relating to land in Alberta. You should consult a real estate lawyer about these documents.